I keep reading the Bible and keep finding humor in Gods actions which is making me wonder why I am interpretting them as such. But here is why I laugh. Cause God is so literal. In Genesis 16:11 God tells Hagar "You shall name him Ishmael for the Lord has heard of your misery" Ishmael means God hears. In Gen. 17:5 God says "No longer will you be called Abram, your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations." Abraham means father of many. Then in Gen. 17:17 Abraham laughs when God says he will have a son at 100 years of age. So what does God do?? You laugh at God?? Guess what your sons name is going to be?? Issac...which means he laughs. So when God tells you He is going to do something LISTEN and don't think that He won't make good on His word or you might have a son with a name you weren't planning on.
Take care and God Bless,
Adam
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment